We have made it to Day 5 of South Florida Beer Week and man, it just has been a great week so far, with special keg releases, fun Randalls, and decadent beer dinners. But it isn’t time hang up your mugs yet. We still have lots more to do, people to see, and beers to drink!
So what are we going to do tonight?
In Miami Dade:
Barracuda Bar and Grill in Coconut Grove is hosting a keep the pint night from 7 to 10 p.m., while supplies last. Come on down and have a pint from Funky Buddha, Due South, or Wynwood and keep the glass!
Clandestino's Pub is hosting a very interesting beer talk and local sampling. Come on down and chat about beer while drinking beer! You might learn something new starting at 8:30 p.m.
In Broward County:
Tap 42 in Fort Lauderdale will be doing a special keg release of Funky Buddha’s Maple Bacon Coffee Porter as well as a special coffee infused “Surf N’ Turf” pairing of sea scallops / short rib and bacon ragu / parmesan polenta / toasted hazelnut vinaigrette. There also will be other great Funky Buddha Brews on tap all night long as well! The keg is going to be tapped at 6 p.m., so don’t miss out!
The Mack House in Davie is hosting a dual tap takeover featuring their own Holy Mackerel Brews and Due South Brews. This is as local as it gets folks!Riverside Market in Fort Lauderdale will be hosting the Broward vs. Dade Brew Off! (954 vs. 305): Funky Buddha Floridian vs. Wynwood La Rubia... Funky Buddha Hop Gun vs. Wynwood El Dorado... Funky Buddha OP Porter vs. Wynwood Pop's Porter; 3 on 3, battle of the flights.
In Palm Beach County:
The Blind Monk in West Palm Beach is celebrating with a pair of awesome new South Florida beers on draft from our friends at Due South Brewing Company. They will be tapping the Citrus Honey Wheat, an American Wheat Beer with orange, lemon, lime, honey, and vanilla, and One Eyed Tiki, a coconut vanilla imperial porter. They also will have plenty of the Cat 3 IPA and UXO American Strong Ale on hand as well. These special kegs will be tapped as soon as The Blind Monk opens at 4 p.m. get there early so you don’t miss out.
Total Wine and More in Boynton Beach will be hosting a Inlet Brewing Tasting from 4 to 6 p.m. with samples of Monk in the Trunk Organic Amber Ale and Monk IPA.
In Monroe County:
2 Cents in Key West is hosting a very special beer dinner with Cigar City Brewing. It will be a 4-course meal paired with three limited selections from Cigar City and an original 2 Cents cocktail to round out the meal. This dinner is limited to 50 people and is $55 per person.
Check out their menu below:
- First Course - Chicken satay and lemongrass shrimp skewers with pickled cucumbers and peanut sauce. Paired with a 2 Cent cocktail
- Second Course - Green papaya salad with long beans, tomatoes and bean sprouts with a Thai chili dressing Paired with Peach White Oak IPA - 7.5%
- This beer starts as Jai Alai IPA then goes through a treatment on Dried Peaches and White Oak Spirals. The end result is a truly unique IPA with hints of Peach, Tropical Fruit, and hints of Oak.
- Third Course - Smoked duck breast soup with cellophane noodles and shitake mushroom. With Thai basil and mint Paired with Black Ash - 7%
- This Black American Lager is a collaboration with Max Lagers from Georgia. This American Black Lag is smokey and roasty, but still thin in body. The final product is then treated on Ash Wood, which leaves a distinct campfire roast flavor. While the beer comes across extra smokey, we did not use any smoked malts in the production of the beer, which makes this one time brew extra unique.
- Fourth Course - Sweetened black Thai rice pudding with coconut milk, ginger and mangoes Paired with Raspberry Wit - 5%
- This beer starts as Florida Cracker, and then is treated with several pounds of fresh Raspberries, which leads to a pink tint in the color of this beer. Very seasonable beer with hints of wheat, coriander and raspberries. There is a hint of tartness to this beer, so be prepared to pucker up!